Frequently Asked Questions
How many pounds are in a ton?
- There are 2,000 pounds in a ton.
How do you figure the square footage for gravel?
- Multiply the length times the width to get square footage and then divide by the gravels approximate coverage based on 2” depth using our coverage chart.
What is the difference between screened, minus and washed rock?
- The size of rock refers to the amount of fines or dirt that goes through the screening process and ends up in the final product. The three most common size variances include minus, screened, and rip rap. “Minus” rock can contain up to 80% fines, making it look more like a pile of sand with a little rock content. “Screened” rock typically contains between 20% and 40% fines while, “Rap Rap” is considered chunky material.
How can I get rock samples?
- You can contact anyone in our sales department or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a product sample.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
Can I establish credit terms with Kalamazoo Materials?
- Please contact our credit manager at 520-575-9601 or email email@example.com we will be happy to fax or e-mail you our credit application. Please allow 2-3 weeks time for processing. Click here for Credit Application.
What is xeriscaping?
- Xeriscaping refers to a type of landscaping which involves using native plant species and decorative rock to reduce or eliminate the need for irrigation.